All country websites
- Europe / Africa
- Asia / Pacific
Visit following websites
Follow us on
News & Events
Here you will find Forbo Siegling news sorted by date
- International Fairs
- Participations in International Fairs
- Prolink Beltfinder app suggests right modular belt
- March, 2013 – Forbo Siegling’s Prolink Beltfinder app allows mo-bile device users to find the right plastic modular belt from
the Prolink range for their applications. The free app is smartphone- and tablet-friendly and only available on Forbo Siegling’s website at
- Enhanced hygiene and safety in food production, worldwide!
- January, 2013 – The Smartseal process is patented throughout Europe and securely seals the edges of conveyor belts.
Now the patend has been granted in Japan.
- Forbo in India: New fabrication centre set up in Pune
- January, 2013 – Forbo fast expanding presence in all major Indian markets
- New, hygiene-enhanced modular belt series for the food industry
- September, 2012 – The Prolink modular belt series 10 from Forbo Movement Systems covers a wide range of applications, ranging from light to medium-weight products. Series 10 meets top demands on hygiene and efficiency in meat, fish, vegetable or dough production.
- Forbo Siegling at Drupa 2012 (Hall 13 / D66)
- September, 2012– see focus topics in the following YouTube video.
- Two new cutting belts for reliable dough processing
- February, 2012 – Two new cutting belts for reliable dough processing
- Biobelt – Forbo Siegling produces the first sustainable belt
- January, 2012 – Forbo Movement Systems will showcase the first sustainable conveyor belt at LogiMAT in Stuttgart (hall 3 / stand no. 261). More types, currently in development, will be added to the product range.
- A multi-purpose belt – blue, hygienic and versatile!
- January, 2012 – A multi-purpose belt – blue, hygienic and versatile! New: E 3/1 U0/U0 blue FDA
- New Flatbelt with excellent running performance
- October, 2011 New Flatbelt with excellent running performance (as power transmission drive or live roller) is easy and quick to fit.
- Forbo Printing Blankets - Newsletter
- September, 2011 – Forbo Printing Blankets - Newsletter. Excellence for a colourful world.
- Forbo Siegling at ITMA 2011
- August, 2011 – High-efficiency belts enhance product quality and extend machinery’s service life.
- New European head and new global operations head at Forbo Movement Systems
- July, 2011 – Forbo Movement Systems, the belting division of the Swiss company Forbo International S.A., has strengthened its management team as part of a new global organisational structure.
- Durable and robust: new, versatile modular belt is designed for high transmission of force
- April, 2011 – A new modular belt is a top performer in conveying small-sized, light to medium-weight products. The belt has a small pitch and an innovative belt tracking system, for which a patent is pending.
- Small modules – top performance: new modular belt with small end radius
- April, 2011 – A new modular belt is a top performer in conveying small-sized, light to medium-weight products.
The belt has a small pitch and an innovative belt tracking system, for which a patent is pending.
- Smartseal Belt edge sealing: European patent granted!
- March, 2011 – Smartseal/Hotseal: The new belt edge sealing concept.
- New conveyor belt cuts energy costs by up to 40%
- August, 2010 – Energy savings of up to 40% could be achieved by using an energy-saving conveyor belt for unit load conveying systems. Field tests have demonstrated that this is indeed a realistic figure.
- New plastic scrapers
- April, 2010 – New plastic scrapers offer major advantages over conventional scrapers.
- Forbo Siegling adds mesh belts to product range
- December, 2009 – Forbo Siegling has been a major player in the market for belting products for more than 90 years.Conveyor belts made of synthetic materials for internal material flow, as well as high-performance flat belts for power transmission and conveying technology, offer users top quality, efficiency and reliability.
- Innovative processing belts for dough processing: Up to 50% less flour required and top release properties – even for oily dough types.
- July, 2009 – Forbo Movement Systems will be presenting two innovative processing belts for dough processing machines at IBA 2009 in Düsseldorf (hall 16/stand no. E 15). Both belts have significantly enhanced release properties.
- Siegling's 90th anniversary – Constantly innovative
- June, 2009 – A common misconception is that power transmission and conveyor belts are dull and anything but high tech. But a glance at 90 years of Forbo Siegling’s history and its product development proves the very opposite. And shows the future holds plenty of potential too.
- Laser technology for permanent marking to conveyor belts
- December, 2008 – With an innovative laser method (patent pending,) belting specialist Forbo Movement Systems can permanently apply customised lettering or images to conveyor belts. The method is more hygienic and safe, but above all is a marketing device and creates new opportunities for process automation.
- Forbo to Acquire Lightweight PVC Conveyor Belting Business from Fenner Dunlop
- July, 2008 – Forbo announces the acquisition of the lightweight PVC conveyor belting business from Fenner Dunlop (Charlotte) Inc. as a further step to strengthen its Movement Systems division.
- Drupa Review
- June, 2008 – A total of 1,971 exhibitors from 52 countries showed the 391,000 visitors from 138 nations a wide range of technological innovations and new product ideas in the 19 halls. The fair saw slightly few visitors than in 2004. However, the share of visitors from overseas increased by over 43 percent.
- REACH: No Impact on Our Customers
- May, 2008 – What is REACH, what does REACH mean for industry and what's FORBO Siegling doing? REACH is a new
European Union (EU) regulation on registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals. This regulation
- New Machine Tapes Make Printing and Packaging More Efficient
- April, 2008 – At the drupa, the Düsseldorf printing and paper trade fair (29 May - 11 June, hall 13/stand D54), Forbo Siegling GmbH from Hanover, will be showing new machine tapes to make conveying and manufacturing in the paper, print and packaging industry more efficient.
- New Conveyor Belt Cuts Energy Costs Up to 37 Percent
- April, 2008 – Forbo Siegling GmbH, Hanover will be showing new, more energy-efficient and economical solutions at the CeMAT trade fair (Hanover, 27 - 31 May, hall 27/stand F 55). The highlight will be the new Amp Miser conveyor belts that in trials have already demonstrated energy savings of up to 37 percent.
- More Hygiene with New Conveyor Belt Solutions
- February, 2008 – Forbo Siegling's new processes and products promise better hygiene in the packaging and food industry. The company will be presenting its latest edge sealing solutions for conveyor belts for the first time to the public at the Interpack trade fair in Düsseldorf (April 24 – 30, hall 4/stand G35).
- Forbo Siegling is Expanding its Product Range with Special Belts for Wood sSanding Machines and Haul-off Belts
- December, 2007 – Forbo Siegling, the belting specialist operating worldwide, took over the Italian manufacturer of special belts Specialpipe srl. Specialpipe, with headquarters at Erba on Lake Como, is a manufacturer of rubber-coated, helically-wound endless special belts (feeder belts) for wood sanding and metal grinding machines and what are known as haul-off belts for manufacturing cables and profiles.
- Forbo Siegling at the IFFA 2007: Conveyor and Processing Belts Aupport HACCP Concept
- May, 2007 – Forbo Siegling GmbH is presenting its current product range for the meat-processing industry in hall 9.1, stand D55 at this year's "IFFA" in Frankfurt. Siegling Transilon multi-layer conveyor and processing belts based on synthetic materials, provide intelligent solutions specifically customised for manufacturers of meat-processing machinery and the meat processing and packaging industry.
- New Market Presence: Siegling Belting Becomes Forbo Movement Systems
- March 20, 2007 – As of April 2007, the "belting specialist" Siegling will operate under the corporate master brand Forbo and will become "Forbo Movement Systems". The international Forbo Group, which acquired Siegling in 1994, has taken this step in order to strategically integrate the well-established Siegling product range into its newly-organised brand architecture.
- Re-certification of Our Quality Management System
- July, 2006 – The Forbo Siegling quality management system has been certified according ISO 9001 since 1992. This year it was time for periodically repeating the certification and this took place in April and May 2006.